Do you love writing?
Join the Florida Writers Association Youth program (FWAY) for middle and high school writers. Improve your writing, meet new friends, enter contests, and get publishing opportunities.
FWAY: You love writing, so do we!
Help young writers, no matter their economic condition, to achieve more in school and in life through membership in Florida’s most prestigious organization for writers, the Florida Writers Association.
The benefits are huge!
- A great support network: authors, agents, publishers, and all the resources of the FWA, plus membership in our online and local critique groups, and our Annual Youth Conference and Awards Luncheon. Visit our website where you are the stars.
- Free entries to the FWA Collection contest. Winners are published in the Collection and invited to the award luncheon attended by authors, agents and publishers. You are a published author and get a special signing!
- Free first entry to the Royal Palm Literary Awards Competition! Finalists and winners receive recognition and awards at the celebration luncheon with hundreds of FWA members cheering you on. Every entry receives detailed score sheets with judges’ comments, a major benefit.
- Opportunities to be published in The Florida Writer magazine, the youth website and blog, or our new e-zine (coming soon).
Network, Learn & Connect
- Enjoy a free subscription to The Florida Writers magazine and monthly e-news: the latest information about writing, publishing, and much more.
- Attend the Annual FWA Youth Conference. Learn from professionals, and network with, authors, agents and publishers. You can even set up agent/publisher interviews!
- Share your love of writing with new friends who appreciate your passion and work.
And please, invite your writer friends to join the go-to club for youth writers!
Visit floridayouthwriters.org and join the fun!
FWA Members: Can you spare one hour a month?
Please contact us if you can devote one hour a month (suggested) to work with middle or high school writers in a small critique club in a school or library in your area. We have simple steps to get you started and on-going support. One hour a month can make a huge difference in a youth writer’s life and you’ll have life-long fans for your works.
Mark Newhouse, Chairperson of FWAY
Mark is excited to be the new Chairperson of the Florida Writers Association Youth Program. A former teacher in Central Islip, Long Island, New York, Elementary/Secondary Teacher of the Year, (NYS Reading Association, 1989), and adjunct instructor at SUNY Old Westbury, he is a multiple RPLA winner, and has had stories featured in the FWA Collections, Creative Writers Notebook, Tales 2 Inspire, and other contests. You can learn more about him at his website.