Editors Helping Writers: A Service for Members
Editors Helping Writers links Florida Writers Association (FWA) members with qualified, ethical manuscript editors, all of whom are also members of FWA.
What to Expect
- Coordinator will acknowledge receipt of your manuscript and give you the name of your editor and the estimated return date, which will always be within eight weeks for book manuscripts and within two weeks for Collections manuscripts.
- A qualified editor will line edit your manuscript for errors following the Chicago Manual of Style (preferred by books publishers) and return your submission by e-mail by the estimated return date.
- For book manuscripts, your editor will include an evaluation on the elements of the manuscript, whether fiction or nonfiction.
- For book manuscripts, your editor may offer to edit the remainder of the manuscript and quote you a price. If you agree, you pay the remainder directly to your editor.
About the Editors
All Editors Helping Writers editors have passed a strenuous test and promise to adhere to the highest standards of ethics, including nondisclosure of the contents of projects.
How to Submit
- Pay the fee
- Watch for an email confirmation of your payment to appear in your inbox
- Forward the confirmation with your manuscript attached in Word doc format to the Coordinator.
- $129.50 for the first 7,500 words of a book-length manuscript
- $29.00 for 1,200 words or less of a Collections entry.
Disclaimer. Every manuscript differs, so FWA and the Editors Helping Writers service cannot guarantee that every edited manuscript will become publishable. Editorial evaluations reflect personal opinions of the editors, not the opinion of FWA. Editors do their best, but they are human beings, so mistakes and oversights can happen.