A Book Signing Event
Our 2nd Annual I ♥ Books is a multi-genre book signing that will bring our two favorite types of people together—readers and authors!
This year we have a new venue, a new city, and all sorts of great things for everyone to look forward to.You may attend as a reader (free), a VIP reader with special privileges, or an author (space limited).
Come and meet 50 authors including some new-to-you writers and perhaps a few favorites! Purchase books, have them signed, and talk to the authors.
General admission is absolutely free.
But if you want more perks, become a VIP Reader, and enjoy a brunch with the authors, get into the signing early, and grab some raffle tickets for cool prizes!
General Admission Readers – No Tickets Needed
- Enjoy meeting authors from noon until 4:00 PM
- Join the Facebook event page to let us know you plan on attending, and help to make the event great by inviting your friends.
VIP Readers – Limited to 25 Tickets
$50 Fee Includes:
- Brunch with authors from 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Early admission to the book signing room following the brunch
- Swag bag loaded with goodies from the attending authors
We invite all readers to join the I ♥ Books Facebook group to learn about the authors and the books they write.Register
Authors – Limited to 50
- Sell books, meet new readers, and network with other authors
- Enjoy a 6’ table and handle all of the transactions on your own
- Display a vertical banner behind your table and pass out swag as you desire
- You may also choose to add swag to VIP reader bags, though it is not required. (To ensure your swag makes it into the VIP bags, it will need to be delivered the night before or mailed ahead of time.)
- An assistant can join you for an additional fee. Assistants will be given a chair at the author table and have access to the brunch, beverages, and a mid-afternoon snack, same as the author.
Author Fee: $100. Florida Writers Association Member | $125. Nonmember
Assistant Fee: $75
A non-refundable 50% deposit is required to reserve a table. Invoices will be sent to collect the remaining 50% on February 1, 2017.
Upon registration, you will receive information to link up on Facebook groups for networking opportunities with other attending authors as well as readers. We have various marketing strategies in place, and you will be asked to share posts and information to ensure that we maximize attendance.
Read FWA member and author Robbie Cox’s account of his experience with book signing events.Register
Date & Location
- May 21, 2017
- Lakeside Terrace
7880 Glades Rd
Boca Raton, FL 33434
- FWA has established a discounted rate for attendees $109 – $129 depending on room type.
To qualify, book ahead using this link.
- 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM Setup (authors and assistants only permitted in the book signing room)
- 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Brunch with Authors and VIP Readers
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM Book Signing
- 2:00 PM Snack provided for authors and assistants
- 4:00 PM Breakdown