16th Annual Florida Writers Conference
“What A Character”
October 19 – 22 in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Penny C. Sansevieri, Founder and CEO Author Marketing Experts, Inc., is a best-selling author and internationally recognized book marketing and media relations expert. She is an Adjunct Professor teaching Self-Publishing for NYU. She is the author of fourteen books, including How to Sell Your Books by the Truckload on Amazon and Red Hot Internet Publicity, which have been called the “leading guide to everything Internet.”
Super Fans: The Secrets to Selling More Books
At the end of the day, for all of the marketing we do, for all of the Tweeting, Facebook-ing, and blogging we really just want to know if it’s paying off. Does any of this sell books? Have you ever asked yourself:
- How do I know if they are the right things to market my book?
- I don’t want to spend my life marketing, how can I get the most out of my efforts?
- Does giving away my book actually help sell it?
- Will any of this help me sell more books?
Attendees will learn to:
- Identify and reach your exact right market
- Turn fans into SUPER FANS
- Ignite your fans so they promote your book
- Use free to sell more books
- Find and use the right social media for your book
Help! My Book Isn’t Selling. Should I Give Up?
It’s hard to know when it’s time to give up or keep pushing, and in a world where there are 4,500 books published each day, it’s easy to get lost in the flood of titles that hit Amazon. So what’s an eager author to do? Well, before you give up – let’s look at nine things that could be wrong and how to fix them.
This session will look at specific issues that seem to plague some books that aren’t moving the needle.
Here are a few of the things Penny will look at:
- Marketing – are you doing enough of the right things? she’ll show you how to know what you should be doing and give yourself your very own marketing grade.
- Cover – do you know if your cover is strong enough for the genre?
- Reviews – do you have enough? How to get more reviews even if your book is over a year old.
- Is your book to old? Does it matter to your reader?
How to Sell Books by the Truckload on Amazon
Amazon is a great place to sell books, but most authors don’t realize that Amazon has an internal sales machine that will actually help you market your book, for free, if you trigger it? It’s called their internal algorithm and, not that dissimilar from ranking on Google, once Amazon’s algorithm kicks in, you could see a boatload of free promotion come your way from Amazon. Here’s what the session will cover:
- Optimize your Amazon page: what you must do to start showing up in more searches
- Understanding categories/themes and how to rank consistently #1 in your category.
- Kindle Unlimited: How some authors are making a fortune here and how you can, too
- How to quadruple the reviews you get on Amazon.
- Why having a free book will help you sell more
Marketing, Social media, Publicity