16th Annual Florida Writers Conference
“What A Character”
October 19 – 22 in Altamonte Springs, Florida
There’s something new and exciting happening with the bookstore at the 16th Annual Florida Writers Conference!
FWA has contracted with Murder on the Beach Mystery Book and Entertainment Store (MOB) out of Delray Beach, Florida to operate our conference bookstore.
Bringing in a professional bookseller enhances our mission of “Writers Helping Writers” by fostering the mutually beneficial relationship between writers and booksellers. It also allows us to extend Bookstore hours!
- 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM Thursday, October 19
Bookstore Open for Business
- 1:00 PM – 8:00 PM Thursday, October 19
- 7:00 AM – 8:30 PM Friday, October 20
- 7:00 AM – 6:30 PM Saturday, October 21
- 7:00 AM – 12:30PM Sunday, October 22
You must register for the annual conference before bookstore signup or requesting a book signing time.
Traditionally Published Author
- MOB will order your books for you and bring them to the bookstore. No more lugging books!
- Just complete the appropriate form by September 15th, and voila! you’re done.
- If your request is received after 9/15/2017, it’s at the discretion of MOB whether they order your books, or contact the author to ask the author to bring their own book(s) on consignment.
- When the conference ends, you have the option of purchasing any unsold books at wholesale cost from MOB if you want to replenish your personal stash.
Independent, Self-published Author (Not traditionally published)
- You must be pre-registered with the appropriate consignment agreement form.
- Within 30 days of the end of the conference, you will receive a check for 60% of the retail price of the books sold.
- Drop-off hours begin much earlier this year. This allows you to enjoy the freedom of meeting friends at the conference without lugging around all your books.
Just like last year…
- The bookstore will be located in Capital I and II and offer a beverage station.
- FWA logo-wear (t-shirts, polo shirts, caps, etc.) will be available for sale.
- Collection books will be available for pick up by contributors and for purchase.
- Book signings will be held in the bookstore.
Currently celebrating their 20th year in business, MOB has been the sole on-site bookseller for SleuthFest since 1998, for The Palm Beach Poetry Festival since 2010, and for The Romantic Times Conference, The Sun-Sentinel Writers Workshops, and the Fun in the Sun Romance Conference. Other off-site events include: Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale library events, Miami Book Fair, Ft Lauderdale Antiquarian Book Fair, BoucherCon, Jewish Federation of Boca Raton, and numerous Brandeis, Hadassah, School and University Book Fairs.