Our faculty roster has been filled. Please complete and submit the application if you’d like to be placed on our waiting list, and we will contact you if a spot opens up.
The Annual Florida Writers Conference is one of the largest conferences in the Southeast with more than 500 attendees each year. We offer over 40 workshops and panel discussions, as well as agent and editor appointments.
The 16th Annual Florida Writers Conference will be held October 19-22, 2017, at the Hilton Orlando/Altamonte Springs in Altamonte Springs, Florida.
The 2017 Conference theme is “What a character! The heroes and villains of our stories.” While this is the marketing theme for the conference, it may provide clues for specific workshops. Faculty members should have a proven track record in the subject area they wish to present.
Panelists will be selected from both registered conference attendees and those applying to be faculty members. FWA will cover the following expenses for all accepted Workshop Faculty: (Note, this does not apply to registered attendees applying for panels.)
- Full conference registration, including meals (Complimentary registration is intended for use by that Faculty member and is not transferable.)
- Significant discount on hotel accommodations at the conference hotel for Thursday –Saturday nights of the conference weekend (Additional nights in the conference hotel are available at the discounted rate but are the responsibility of the Faculty member.)
- 50% discount on ads placed in our Conference Program
- Opportunity to sell books in our bookstore during Conference
- FWA only pays air transportation for Featured Faculty: agents, acquisition editors, best-selling authors, and other special guests invited by the FWA Faculty Chairperson or the FWA Conference Director. Otherwise, if you are accepted to present a workshop, you are responsible for providing your transportation to and from the conference.
- As part of the Conference commitment, each accepted Faculty member is required to be available for appointments with attendees throughout the conference, which runs from 6:30 PM Thursday, October 19 through noon on Sunday, October 22, 2017.