Professional feedback and a chance to earn a trophy and bragging rights—yours for entering the Florida Writers Association’s flagship Royal Palm Literary Award writing competition!
“A really great learning experience.” —Marina Brown
“YES! I received my rubrics! I must say they are invaluable tools for helping me improve my writing. The judges took plenty of time and were remarkably insightful and constructive with their comments. I learned a lot from them. What a great service you provide.” —Lyla Ellizey
“The comments have inspired me.” —Michele Moncure
“Please thank the judges for their thorough and insightful critiques. As a new author, I treasure their feedback!”—Joni Fisher
“I am delighted with receiving comments to go with the scores that made my book a winner. What a blessing it is to be part of an organization where writers truly help writers.” —Tricia Pimental
» Lists of past winners are available here
» Read samples of first-place winning works in the “RPLA Showcase”
2017 Royal Palm Literary Award Competition
- Adult Royal Palm Literary Award Guidelines – PDF Download
- Adult Royal Palm Literary Award Entry Form
- Youth Royal Palm Literary Award Guidelines – PDF Download
- Youth Royal Palm Literary Award Entry Form
- Submissions will be accepted January 15 – April 30, 2017
- Note earlier closing date!