The Florida Writers Association Collection is an annual writing competition that showcases member writing and helps members grow their skills.
Each year, entrants write to a theme and sixty submissions are chosen for publication. A “Person of Renown” chooses ten stories for special recognition. The Person of Renown is the FWA Royal Palm Literary Award Competition Published Book of the Year winner.
- The competition is open to submissions from February 1 through April 30, 2017
- Fiction, nonfiction, and poetry are eligible
- Prose entries must not exceed 1,200 words; poem entries must not exceed 50 lines
- There are separate competitions for adult and youth members
- Florida Writers Association dues must be paid through October 31 in order to qualify for publication
- There is no entry fee
To learn more about or purchase previous volumes, click on their titles in the sidebar.
2017 Florida Writers Association Collection Competition
- Adult FWA Collection Contest Guidelines & FAQ
- Adult FWA Collection Contest Legal Agreement
- Youth FWA Collection Contest Guidelines & FAQ
- Youth FWA Collection Contest Legal Agreement
- Submissions will be accepted February 1 – April 30, 2017
This year, you have the option to upload your story and your photo to Collections Contest.
If you do not wish to upload your work electronically, please download the appropriate Guidelines and Legal Agreement to email your entry.Questions