The Florida Writers Association Collection is an annual writing competition that showcases member writing and helps members grow their skills.
Each year, entrants write to a theme and sixty submissions are chosen for publication. A “Person of Renown” chooses ten stories for special recognition. The Person of Renown is the FWA Royal Palm Literary Award Competition Published Book of the Year winner.
- The competition is open to submissions from February 1 through April 30, 2017
- Fiction, nonfiction, and poetry are eligible
- Prose entries must not exceed 1,200 words; poem entries must not exceed 50 lines
- There are separate competitions for adult and youth members
- Florida Writers Association dues must be paid through October 31 in order to qualify for publication
- There is no entry fee
To learn more about or purchase previous volumes, click on their titles in the sidebar.
2017 Florida Writers Association Collection Competition Is Closed to SubmissionsQuestions